Sunday, June 26 marked the 32nd Annual Stadium Stampede out at Sports Authority Field at Mile High. Let’s take a look at this year’s Stadium Stampede by the numbers:
- More than $64,600 was raised for Saint Joseph Hospital’s Mobile Mammography Program
- 963 participants registered for the 10K, 5K, 1K Huff N Puff or ½ Mile Family Fun Run (that’s roughly 300 more people than last year!)
- 1,500 bottled waters and over 1,000 chocolate milks were consumed post-race (almost all of which were later recycled)
- 500 breakfast burritos and nearly 500 hot dogs were scarfed down
- The average kiddo enjoyed the blow-up bounce house for six minutes
- Our youngest registered participant was two years old and our oldest registered participants was 89 years young
- Nearly 3,000 pounds of ice were used to keep all post-race beverages nice and cold
- The fastest male did the 10K run in 30:32 and the fastest female did the 10K run in 38:21
- The fastest male did the 5K run in 15:05 and the fastest female did the 5K run in 19:02
Once again, we’d like to give a special shout-out to the numerous Associates and Physicians who supported this year’s efforts – either by running, walking, volunteering or fundraising. On behalf of the entire staff of the Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation, THANK YOU! We loved seeing so many smiling faces that day and hope you’ll consider joining us again in 2017! (Save the Date: the 33rd Annual Stadium Stampede is set for Sunday, June 25, 2017!)
Did you participate in this year’s event? Official race results and photos can be found at www.StadiumStampede.org.
Click here to view more photos from the event.
Contributed by Cindy Parr, Saint Joseph Hospital Foundation