UPDATED 3/22/17: The launch of SCL Health’s newly redesigned website has been postponed from March 21 to April 3 due to an unforeseen issue in the final hours before blast-off. We apologize for the delay. We want to assure you the issue is getting fixed, and all of the site’s awesomeness remains safely intact and ready for the world to see on April 3.
Imagine an SCL Health care site with 3 million visits per year. Now imagine every person who visits immediately has the chance to engage further – activating services in our care sites or our community hospitals, getting in touch with their physician, or even arranging a private, personal physician visit in minutes through their mobile device.
That type of continuous, coordinated and convenient care doesn’t typically take place in our bricks and mortar, traditional hospital settings. It is a model of care SCL Health is offering in the digital world – because we recognize more and more people are looking online for information about us and how to access care for themselves or their family.
In late March, SCL Health will launch an entirely redesigned and reimagined website – one that offers an experience that is tailor-made for consumers and patients and that offers information and access to all of our care sites, clinics and services. We’ve ambitiously set out to completely redesign the online experience – ensuring it offers a “warm handoff” and personalized engagement at every turn to allow consumer and existing patients information they need, when and where they need it.
- We’re ditching the fancy talk. On the new site you’ll notice things are written in plain English, not complex medical terms and technical jargon. Consumers have enough on their minds without having to decode what we say, so we’ve made it easier for them by anticipating questions, speaking in words they use, and keeping things simple. This, in turn, makes it easier to find us in Google searches.
- We’re getting personal. SCL Health is a big and complex health system, but that doesn’t mean it has to feel that way to consumers. When web visitors tell us their locations, their experience will be customized to where they are, including nearby doctors, care sites and services.
- We’re making it easy to do business with us. Whether someone wants to book a doctor’s appointment, pre-register for an upcoming hospital visit, see a doctor by video, sign up for a class, or easily sign into MyChart, we’ve got them covered. Across our site, we’re not just presenting information – we’re helping people follow through with action.
- We’re focusing on mobile. People are increasingly spending more – if not most – of their time online with their mobile devices compared to desktop computers. The SCL Health web experience is built around making it easy to find a doctor and connect with SCL Health from iPhone or Android devices.
- Physician star ratings. After the new site launches, we will pilot star ratings for physicians, giving consumers the same tools to find a doc that they use in picking a restaurant or a movie. This effort will consist of converting our patient satisfaction surveys into ratings and reviews. And with the excellent care provided by our physicians, we know there will be plenty of stars and positive reviews to go around.
- ER wait times. In the event of an emergency, people will be able to go online and see the wait time at the nearest ER. They can also check-in online, saving time when they get to the hospital.
- Improvements to MyChart. Our MyChart patient portal already offers a significant number of conveniences for patients, such as access to medical records and results. Soon, however, there will be a whole lot more, like text notifications, wait list notifications, reviewing and paying bills online, and syncing capabilities with Apple watches.
Starting on March 21, visit SCLHealth.org and our care site and clinic websites, and email your feedback to email@example.com.
In the meantime, we’d love to hear what you think!